First Citizens Launches APO
- First Citizens will launch an Additional Public Offering (APO) of shares on March 13th 2017
- This follows an announcement of Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago during its fiscal presentation 2015/2016 at which the Government signalled its intention to sell an additional 25% of its shares held in First Citizens Holdings Ltd.
- 48,495,665 shares on offer at TTD $32.00 per share.
The First Citizens Group is one of the leading financial services group in Trinidad and Tobago. It offers a full range of retail, corporate and merchant banking services as well as asset management, trustee and brokerage services. The Group is headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago and First Citizens Bank, which is the largest part of the Group, has an extensive retail branch network in Trinidad and Tobago with a large deployment of ATM and point of sale devices in both islands.
- In 2009 First Citizens acquired Caribbean Money Market Brokers Limited (CMMB) (now rebranded as First Citizens Investment Services Limited), one of the largest full service securities trading companies in the Caribbean, with offices in Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and St. Lucia.
- In January 2012, the Group entered the Central American market by opening a representative office in Costa Rica.
- The Group’s growth and expansion continued in August 2012 with the acquisition of Butterfield Bank (Barbados) Limited (now First Citizens Bank (Barbados) Limited).
- Over the years, the Group has introduced several innovative products and services in Trinidad and Tobago, including internet banking and mobile banking. It has also been recognised on several occasions for excellence in innovation, communications technology and e-commerce by the Energy Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Additionally, First Citizens has been involved in financing several landmark projects in Trinidad and Tobago and across the region.
- On 15 July 2013, First Citizens launched the largest Initial Public Offering (IPO) of shares in the history of The Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange Limited (TTSE) to that date. The market value of the First Citizens IPO was approximately $1.1 billion at an offer price of $22.00 per share.